Registration for the 2022 Youth New Englands is now CLOSED.
This year’s registration fee is $55; you must pay the fee during online registration in order to participate in the 2022 Youth New Englands. Wrestlers in the Co-ed Competition will be grouped the same way as in past years, with three age divisions (10U, 12U & 15U) and set-weight classes.
The Youth New Englands is an age-based competition with the following age ranges: 10U Co-ed [9/1/11-8/31/13]; 11U Girls [9/1/10-8/31/13]; 12U Co-ed [9/1/09-8/31/11]; 14U Girls [9/1/07-8/31/10]; 15U Co-ed [9/1/06-8/31/09]. Regardless of their age, high school wrestlers who compete in their state high school tournament (or Prep New Englands) are not eligible to compete in the Youth New Englands.
Click HERE for this years weight classes & ages
This year, we will be launching a Girls Competition at the Youth New Englands. Girl wrestlers will be allowed to select either the Girls Competition or the Co-ed Competition (not both). Wrestlers in the Girls Competition will be grouped by “Madison weight classes” in two separate age divisions (11U & 14U). Refer to YNEW 2022 Weights-Ages for details.
This year, it is necessary to limit the number of competitors to 650 wrestlers, because of time and space constraints. Therefore, the registration process will be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis – no exceptions! There will be registration limits for each age group & flight so make sure you register as soon as you are eligible to do so!
Early registration will be offered to YNEW past placers first, with the remaining slots split between YNEW returners and new competitors in each age group. Flights will be arranged this way: morning flight for 10U/12U Co-ed; afternoon flight for 15U Co-ed & 11U/14U Girls. The flight limits are as follows: morning flight~300 competitors and afternoon flight~350 competitors.
Because YNEW has not been held since 2019, only the 12U Co-ed and 15U co-ed groups will have YNEW past placers. YNEW 2020 registrants are considered YNEW returners.
Here is the online registration schedule for YNEW 2022:
- First Tier: Wednesday, February 23 @ 8AM – YNEW Past Placers [Note: your eligibility will be confirmed by checking past results].
- Second Tier: Saturday, February 26 @ 8AM – YNEW Returners [Note: your eligibility will be confirmed by checking past rosters… YNEW 2020 registrants are considered YNEW returners].
- Third Tier: Monday, February 28 @ 8AM – Open Registration [Note: open for all age-eligible youth wrestlers in New England].
Here are some important reminders about this year’s online registration process:
- There is a limited number of entries available in each age group and in each registration tier. Slots will fill up quickly, so you should register as soon as you are eligible to do so.
- The limited number of entries will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. YNEW returners and past place finishers are not guaranteed a spot in YNEW 2022. However, YNEW returners/placers are eligible for open registration if they miss their earlier registration times.
- If you register early and you are not eligible, your registration will be not be honored. You cannot reserve a spot with an ineligible entry.
- The morning flight will take place from 8AM – 2PM, and the afternoon flight will occur from 2-8 PM.
Other important information about registration:
During online registration, you will select your age division based on your birthdate. You may select any weight class in your age division. However, you MUST be under that weight on the scale during the March 12 weigh-ins at Starland (except in the Girls Competition, which uses the Madison System). You are NOT allowed to bump to a higher or lower weight class during weigh-ins… so be SURE to select your weight class carefully during online registration.
All wrestlers will certify their dates of birth during online registration. An age challenge process will be available for a $50 fee. Any wrestler whose age is challenged will be required to produce proof of age. It may not be practical to resolve age challenges until after the tournament. Anyone who misrepresents their age will be disqualified; place finishes, records, and awards will be adjusted accordingly.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Mike Stuer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you understand and agree to follow the rules above please click the button below to register for the YNEW 2022 tournament!